Effective interventions in housing and health
Following the success of last year’s conference, the fifth annual Housing and health conference aims to further explore the links between housing and health and to consider ways in which professionals can develop effective interventions to avoid poor housing conditions having a negative impact on public health.
“A good range of speakers and a well balanced programme”
“I was really impressed and inspired by the event”
“An interesting and informative day”
Why should you attend?
- Hear from Jack Dromey, Labour MP and Shadow Housing Minister
- Understand the impact of the changes on welfare benefits in the private rented sector
- Hear a review of the Public Health Outcomes Framework from the Chartered Institute of Housing
- Explore the health implications of HMOs and bedsit accommodation
- Understand more about the Green Deal from the Chair of the Green Deal Domestic Enforcement Committee
- Share in good practice with case studies on 'home improvements' and 'consistency of hazard assessments'
- See the launch of new publication 'Effective Interventions in Housing and Health'
Who should attend?
- Policy makers and health and housing practitioners in both local housing authorities and PCT’s
- Senior environmental health practitioners
- Private sector housing managers