Prepare to deliver and assess the practical elements of the CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice. Learn how to teach safe practical training techniques to your candidates, while refreshing your knowledge of manual handling principles.
At this one-day workshop you will go through the qualification step-by-step. Identify and correct candidates’ unsafe techniques, and implement manual handling practical assessments.
Aims and outcomes
- Learn practical techniques for correctly handling, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Understand the latest developments and principles of manual handling
- Identify and correct poor manual handling practices with safe interventions
- Help candidates in contributing to the development of safer manual handling practices at work
- Learn about manual handling injuries and the need for safe handling practices
- Obtain knowledge required to undertake the practical assessment for this qualification