Countdown begins to Safe Food Conference with BHA
In a couple week’s time CIEH, together with the British Hospitality Association (BHA), will be hosting the Safe Food Conference and plans for this year’s event are well underway.
The Safe Food Conference is a unique event taking place on Tuesday 15 November at Prospero House on Borough High Street and has been organised specifically with food safety professionals in mind.
The one-day event includes a series of lectures and networking opportunities for delegates. Topics to be discussed on the day include: understand how changes to EU food law may affect food businesses in 2017; pros and cons of primary authority partnerships; mandatory display of food hygiene ratings; and innovative methods to control food waste and the business benefits of doing so.
By attending, delegates will have the opportunity to engage with their peers across a range of sectors from the food industry and prominent speakers that have been lined up to present on the day include:
- Graham Russell, Chief Executive, Regulatory Delivery (formerly known as the Better Regulation Delivery Office)
- Dr Lisa Ackerley, Food Safety Adviser for the British Hospitality Association
- Mark Willis, Head of Contaminants and Residues Branch, Food Standards Agency
- Darryl Thomson, Head of Safety, Mitchells & Butlers
- Gillian Dicken, Principal Environmental Health Officer, Monmouthshire County Council
The conference is being jointly hosted by CIEH’s Food Community in partnership with the BHA, a membership organisation and thought leader for the hospitality and tourism industry.
5 hours and 30 minutes of CIEH CPD will be available to those who attend and tickets are available from the CIEH Website.