The CIEH Library
The CIEH library is located on the lower ground of the Chartered Institute’s headquarters building at Chadwick Court, 15 Hatfields, London SE1. The library specialises in environmental health materials and is open every weekday, by appointment, to members of the CIEH and to those engaged in environmental health research. Lending facilities are not available but there are facilities for photocopying.
The following materials can be found in the CIEH library:
The CIEH publications
Copies of all publications produced by the CIEH, including current and back issues of the print edition of Environmental Health News and previous CIEH journals such as EHP and EHJ, as well as the Journal of Environmental Health Research.
We currently take the following journals:
- ENDS Report
- Health and Safety at Work
- Journal of Environmental Health (USA)
- Local Government Chronicle
- Pest Control News
- Professional Pest Controller
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Safety and Health Practitioner (SHP)
- Parliamentary select committee reports on key environmental health subjects
Reports and guidance notes
- UK Government strategy papers, reports, codes of practice, etc. on environmental health issues
- Reports and other publications by various non governmental organisations working in the environmental health field
- The archives of the CIEH
- Bound volumes of Knights Local Government Reports from 1934-1992
- Lumley's Public Health: Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth editions
- Early textbooks on environmental health.
- A collection of press cuttings on environmental health topics from 1987 to 2009, arranged by subject and year
In addition to the materials on open shelf, the CIEH library holds a set of information files on the key aspects of environmental health. These files contain journal articles, report extracts, press releases and other information relevant to the topic in question.
If you would like more detailed information on publications held in the CIEH library, or if you would to make an appointment to visit the library, please contact Tina Garrity.
Contact: Tina Garrity
Information and Communications Manager
Telephone: 020 7827 5821