Based on a one-day training programme, this qualification is designed to ensure learners develop the required knowledge and practical skills to implement a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan in their workplace.
|Who needs this qualification?
The CIEH Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing will benefit managers and supervisory staff responsible for the development of a food safety management system based on the Codex principles of HACCP in a food manufacturing setting. This qualification may also be beneficial for those responsible for implementing, contributing or reviewing HACCP systems.
|Why is this training important?
Food business operators have a duty to put in place, implement and maintain a permanent procedure or procedures based on the Codex principles of HACCP. Those involved in either the implementation, maintenance or review of HACCP systems must have an in-depth understanding of the manufacturing process covered by it, while possessing background knowledge of food safety that is sufficient to devise or identify effective food safety control systems. It is therefore recommended that candidates have suitable food safety and manufacturing process knowledge.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will:
- Understand the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures
- Understand the preliminary processes for HACCP based procedures
- Understand how to develop HACCP based food safety management procedures
- Understand how to implement HACCP based food safety management procedures
- Understand how to evaluate HACCP based procedures
|Useful links for trainers and centres