Based on a one-day training programme, this qualification is designed to ensure candidates develop the required knowledge and practical skills to implement a HACCP plan in their workplace.
|Who needs this qualification?
The CIEH Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing will benefit managers and supervisory staff responsible for the development of a food safety management system based on the Codex principles of HACCP in a food manufacturing setting. This qualification may also be beneficial for those responsible for implementing, contributing or reviewing HACCP systems.
|Change of assessment methodology
In response to trainer and centre feedback, we have changed the method of assessing the CIEH Level 3 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing.
Learners will no longer be assessed by assignment but will now, instead, sit an examination comprising 45 multiple choice questions to be completed in 90 minutes.
|Why is this qualification important?
Food business operators have a duty to put in place, implement and maintain a permanent procedure or procedures based on the Codex principles of HACCP. Those involved in either the implementation, maintenance or review of HACCP systems must have an in-depth understanding of the manufacturing process covered by it, while possessing background knowledge of food safety that is sufficient to devise or identify effective food safety control systems. It is therefore recommended that candidates have suitable food safety and manufacturing process knowledge.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will:
- Understand the importance of HACCP based food safety management procedures
- Understand the preliminary processes for HACCP based procedures
- Understand how to develop HACCP based food safety management procedures
- Understand how to implement HACCP based food safety management procedures
- Understand how to evaluate HACCP based procedures
- reduced amount of time for learners to be away from the workplace
- expertly developed qualification relevant to the workplace and the learners' career
|Benefits for trainers and centres
- increased appeal to learners and businesses
- reduced administration for trainers and centres
- a complete training solution including training materials and assessment built around the needs of the trainer, centre and learner
- CIEH training pack supporting the trainer to develop a well-structured and informative training programme
- modern and engaging training content developed by subject-matter experts
- free customisable promotional materials
- no hidden or annual renewal fees
- no need to pre-register learners
- CIEH provides recognised qualifications to strengthen the ability of your workforce to reduce risk and ensure compliance