This practical, accessible and user-friendly qualification has been created to help caterers comply with EU legislation and provides a thorough understanding of how HACCP-based procedures can be applied in a catering context. It also provides the flexibility to suit different types of businesses.
|Who needs this qualification?
The CIEH Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering is designed for proprietors, managers and supervisors of small and medium sized catering businesses.
|Change of assessment methodology
In response to trainer and centre feedback, we have changed the method of assessing the CIEH Level 3 Award in HACCP in Catering and reduced the required number of guided learning hours.
Learners will no longer be assessed by assignment but will now, instead, sit an examination comprising 45 multiple choice questions to be completed in 90 minutes.
On successful completion of the qualification, the learner will:
- Understand the importance of HACCP based food safety
- Understand the policies, controls and standards required to protect the safety
- Understand the seven principles of HACCP and how they can be equated to a food safety management
- Understand how food safety management tools can assist in implementing HACCP systems in catering environments
- reduced amount of time for learners to be away from the workplace
- expertly developed qualification relevant to the workplace and the learners' career
|Benefits for trainers and centres
- increased appeal to learners and businesses
- reduced administration for trainers and centres
- a complete training solution including training materials and assessment built around the needs of the trainer, centre and learner
- CIEH training pack supporting the trainer to develop a well-structured and informative training programme
- modern and engaging training content developed by subject-matter experts
- free customisable promotional materials
- no hidden or annual renewal fees
- no need to pre-register learners
- CIEH provides recognised qualifications to strengthen the ability of your workforce to reduce risk and ensure compliance