Who is the qualification for?
All candidates who have taken the CIEH Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering are recommended to take a refresher course three years after completion.
Why is this training important?
Food safety regulations and best practice are constantly changing, and in order to guarantee safe food for consumers, food business supervisors must keep their knowledge up to date.This qualification:
- reminds candidates of their supervisory responsibilities towards food safety
- refreshes candidates’ knowledge of food safety
- encourages best practice within the workplace
Successful completion of this refresher qualification will enable candidates to understand:
- the role of the supervisor in ensuring compliance with food safety legislation
- the application and monitoring of good food safety practice
- how to implement food safety management procedures
- the role of the supervisor in staff training
When submitting results for the refresher qualification, the centre must send copies of all candidates’ certificates and/or relevant batch results lists, together with answer information sheets (AISs) and summary sheet. Results will not be processed without evidence of prior successful completion of the Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
The CIEH Level 3 Award in Food Safety Supervision for Manufacturing (Refresher) is also available
* Delivery option 1
- Remote completion of activity-based workbook followed by two-hour trainer-led discussion session
Delivery option 2
- Eight hour training session