This is the benchmark trainer skills qualification for CIEH registered trainers delivering training that is not publicly funded. It is ideal for first-time trainers who need to understand the basics of training skills and practice or those looking to refine their techniques.
Who needs this qualification?
This is an essential qualification for anyone wishing to become a CIEH registered trainer* or to update and refresh their training skills and practice.
Why is this training important?
This qualification encourages a flexible approach to training delivery that takes account of learners’ needs and preferences. It covers initial assessment, planning and preparation, training delivery, assessment and evaluation.
- Understand your own role and responsibilities in relation to training
- Understand appropriate training and learning approaches in a specialist area
- Demonstrate your session planning skills
- Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping
* Other training/teaching qualifications are also recognised and conditions regarding technical knowledge and experience also apply