This one day regional conference will focus on key issues associated with the management of environmental noise by environmental health professionals. The conference will include specific session topics and case studies on the issues relevant in the North East Region, covered by local speakers.
National issues associated with noise nuisance and environmental noise management will also be discussed and covered by expert industry speakers. The conference will be chaired by Tony Lewis, Head of Policy.
- How to diagnose and solve environmental noise problems quickly and efficiently
- Revisiting the basics of nuisance law and avoiding the common pitfalls
- Tackling noise and ASB in private housing
- Acoustics, ventilation, and overheating: Residential Design Gide Draft by the Association of Noise Consultants
- Noise and Planning in Northumberland: The Challenge of Delivering Sustainable Acoustic Development
- Managing Noise in the Urban Environment
- Peter Wilson, Technical Director, Industrial Noise and Vibration Centre
- Tony Lewis, Head of Policy, CIEH
- Anna Tinkerville, Senior Environmental Health Officer, Gateshead Council
- Jack Harvie-Clark, Director, Apex Acoustics
- David Lathan, Senior EHO, Northumberland County Council
- Angela C B Wallis, Project Officer, Newcastle City Council
CPD: 5 Hours