This timely conference blends together essential updates on latest legislative advancements with best practice case study examples of noise management within Local Authorities.
The conference will not only discuss the details of the new Defra Noise plans released this summer but will also review the newly updated WHO Environmental Noise Guidelines for the European Region (Oct 2018), looking at some of the changes outlined and the implications for the UK in the event of Brexit. Sessions also include a review of the Code of Practice and Guidance on Noise Control for Concerts 1995 and the Good Practice Guide for noise management at outdoor concerts and similar events.
- Hear details of the new Defra Noise Plans released this summer
- Discuss the WHO Environmental Noise Guidelines for the EU 2018 and the implications for the UK after Brexit
- Understand how the National Planning Policy Framework 2018 seeks to protect entertainment venues via the Agent of Change (AoC) principle and the approaches available to EHPs in ensuring that the AoC is properly considered in relevant planning decisions
- Review of the Code of Practice and Guidance on Noise Control for Concerts 1995
- Discussion on the Good Practice Guide for noise management at outdoor concerts and similar events
Who should attend:
- Environmental Protection Officers
- Heads of Environmental Protection and Noise
- Senior and Principal EHPs
- Noise reducing technology providers
- Those with a professional interest in statutory nuisance management
CPD: 5 hours