The Public Health (Wales) Act 2017 will introduce a new mandatory licensing scheme for Wales to protect people from the risks of infection resulting from special procedures.
You need to attend this conference if you offer any of the following procedures or are a trainee or apprentice:
- body or cosmetic piercing
- micro blading, micro-pigmentation or electrolysis
This interactive conference will provide you with information to help you comply with the new
requirements before they come into force. It is your opportunity to discuss issues with professionals and have a 'voice' in the development of guidance and infection control training, as well as update your knowledge and network.
Feedback from delegates who attended an earlier conference included, "super day, very well organised", "very good day" and "anything that improves the professionalism of the industry is good for all involved including and importantly our customer".
- Dr Paul Yesudian, MBBS, MD, MRCP, Consultant Dermatologist, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Dr Sarah Jones, Health Protection Policy and Legislation Branch, Welsh Government
- Caroline Lavissey, Quality and Standards Manager, National Hairdressers Federation
- Eve Goldsbury, Business Wales
- Dee Matthews, Tattoo Artist