The Public Health (Wales) Act 2017 will introduce a new mandatory licensing scheme for Wales to protect people from the risks of infection resulting from special procedures, including electrolysis, acupuncture and body piercing. This conference will provide practitioners working in the beauty industry with the information needed to comply with the new requirements before they come into force. It is your opportunity to discuss issues with professionals and have a ‘voice’ in the development of guidance and infection control training, as well as update your knowledge and network.
- Dr. Paul Yesudian MBBS, MD, MRCP, Consultant Dermatologist, Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Dr. Sarah Jones, Health Protection Policy and Legislation Branch, Welsh Government
- Caroline Lavissey, Quality and Standards Manager, National Hairdressers Federation
- Eve Goldsbury, Business Wales
- Debra Morris, Qualifications Lead (Health and Beauty), VCTC
Further speakers from industry and public health to be confirmed plus exhibitors from Industry and Public Health!