Following several high profile fatal allergen incidents associated with catering and takeaways, tightening of the law and lessons learned are welcome.
This workshop, facilitated by the FSA’s lead on allergens along with an expert witness from two of the manslaughter prosecution cases, will examine the current allergens climate.
This day is both instructional and interactive incorporating factual presentations and collaborative workshops. Suitable for practitioners from industry and enforcement, delegates will be updated with the latest thinking of the FSA and the courts.
1. Hear an in depth overview of the current law and guidance on allergens and receive an update on the FSA’s March 2019 consultation and recommendations
2. Learn how to do an allergen risk assessment in practice in catering and small manufacturing businesses and the acceptability of precautionary statements such as ‘may contain’
3. Understand what good allergen management looks like in catering and small manufacturing businesses including practical solutions from ordering to service
4. Understand how regulators audit allergen management and make decisions on when to take formal action and the enforcement options available
Who should attend:
- Environmental Health Practitioners
- Food Safety Consultants and specialists
- Senior Public Protection Officers
- Lead Food Officers
CPD: 5 Hours