This one-day practical workshop aims to explain the current House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) enforcement regime and cover some of the practical aspects of applying the legal powers that come with it, for both Licensed and Unlicensed HMOs.
Who should attend:
- Environmental health practitioners
- Property and housing managers
- Social landlords
Why should you attend:
- Learn the legal definition of a HMO
- Understand the requirements for powers of entry and how to obtain a warrant
- Insight into obtaining and recording evidence
- Determine the most appropriate use of legislation
- Examine case studies on how to prepare notices with schedules of work appropriate to the risks
- Practical tips on preparing standard letters and notices
"Excellent trainer (Paul Fitzgerald)"
Andrew Rowe, Senior EHO, Sunderland City Council
"A lot to take in little time - but instructor was very good, despite a lot of questions & interruptions"
Olatunbosun Faulkner, Environmental Protection Officer, London Borough of Bromley
"Always very professional advice & delivery of content"
Denis Salmon, Housing Standards Officer, London Borough of Hillingdon
"Very interesting and clear. Expanded my current knowledge stopped me doubting myself"
Naomi Oziel, Principal EHO, Colchester Borough Council
CPD: 5 Hours 30 minutes