This event will be of interest to anyone wishing to gain an introduction, or refresher, to the various response scenarios EHPs may find themselves a part of.
The day will be a mix of informative presentations and an interactive scenario exercise.
Expert speakers from Public Health Wales and Cardiff Metropolitan University will cover:
- Introduction to classic ‘blue light’ response (bronze, silver and gold) and associated groups
- Managing Public Health Risks from Environmental Incidents: Guidance for Wales – intro / refresher
- Use of METHANE and risk assessment
- Quick overview of other PHW guidance for incidents e.g. blue-green algae, carbon monoxide, wildfires
- Collectively develop a scenario that tests some of the above
- How health protection legislation can be applied and used in relation to such environmental public health incidents
CPD: 4 Hours 15 minutes