Compulsive hoarding can cause a variety of serious health, environmental and social problems. This training provides an introduction to hoarding disorders and illustrates the impact it has on those affected by hoarding, particularly in the home environment. It also provides a better understanding of the causes of hoarding behaviour and how it affects people day-to-day.
At the end of this training you will be aware of:
- What is hoarding (mental health classification)
- Hoarding or chronic disorganisation?
- Who the disorder can affect and possible triggers
- How individuals and families live under these conditions
- Case studies
- Multi-agency working
- How to assess and plan a strategy
- Use of the Clutter Image Ratings (CIR’s)
- Risk factors
- Do's and Don'ts