This workshop will highlight and discuss the issues local housing authorities face with the assessment and enforcement of the two most common hazards in the private rented sector: damp and mould, and excess cold.
Delegates will explore the latest research, recent case studies relating to causes and remedies, when to take enforcement action, and what to do with ‘borderline’ cases and first-tier tribunal – Property Chamber cases.
The workshop will incorporate CIEH's newly published guidance on excess cold enforcement. Further information on the guidance can be found here.
Benefits of attending
- Gain the essential knowledge and techniques for assessing and scoring HHSRS damp and mould and excess cold hazards
- Specify remedial actions and determine the most appropriate course of action
- Learn how to produce a qualitative site risk assessment
- Understand the reasons for taking enforcement action for damp and mould and what to do with ‘borderline’ cases
- Hear about first-tier tribunal – Property Chamber decisions relating to damp and mould
What past delegates thought
- "Very helpful, practical and very pertinent to daily work."
- "There was a good mixture of information and interactive sessions."
- "Speakers were knowledgeable and helpful."
CPD: 5 hours 30 minutes