This workshop provides an insight into the fundamentals that electricians apply when completing the Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR), and will help you understand and question the validity and technical ability of persons submitting the report.
- Understand and be prepared for the new Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020
- Get the opportunity to work with: consumer units; bypassed meters; earthing arrangements; circuit breakers; Residual Current Devices (RCD’s); ring main; lights; and surge protection
- Complete an EICR and test sheets information - assessing a full circuit being completed for a ring main and understanding what passes and which results fail.
- Recognise and apply the electrical requirements for a safe property.
Who should attend:
The course will be of interest for those who have little awareness of this topic and need to know the basics, including:
- Technical and Environmental Health Officers
- Environmental Protection Officers
- Housing Officers
- Licensing Officers
- Trading Standards
- Health and Safety Officers
CPD: 5 Hours