Throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the hospitality industry has continually adapted to government restrictions and guidelines to protect the public. Our Safe Food conference will assess the innovative ways businesses have managed food safety in challenging environments and will also look at the effect the pandemic has had on the entire hospitality industry.
As the issues of food waste, climate change and food security become more pressing, we assess how greater awareness has changed consumer habits and how companies have modified their approach to meet the ever-changing demands of consumers and the food industry as a whole.
In addition, this conference will also explore the implications of the UK’s departure from the EU has had on the hospitality sector, and the associated impacts surrounding food security and sustainability.
We will also investigate why allergens remain one of the biggest challenges for the food industry despite increased awareness, laws and allergen controls. We will also discuss the different strategies that are currently used to tackle the issues and assess whether there is a better method to pre-empt risks.
- Kate Nicholls OBE, Chief Executive, UK Hospitality
- Eleanor Morris, Special Advisor for Hospitality and Food Service, WRAP
- Karen Price, Guild of Fine Food and representative from Cornwall Council
- Carol Wallace, Professor of Food Safety Management Systems at University of Central Lancashire
- Sterling Crew, Trustee, Chartered Institute of Environmental health
Who should Attend
- Environmental Health Practitioners
- Food Safety Professionals
- Public Health Professionals
- Enforcement and regulatory professionals
"Very high standard"
"A very good range of non-standard topics were covered which added a different dimension to the event"
"Well worth attending"
"Some speakers excellent - relevant & at the right level"
2020 - Food Safety conference delegates
CPD: 5 Hours
In partnership with