Statutory nuisance has a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of individuals, and as more people have been required to work from home or self-isolate, it is unsurprising that local authorities have seen a surge in reported statutory nuisance cases, particularly noise and smoke complaints.
In our new Bitesize training format, this session will provide an understanding of how and when statutory nuisance should be used and explore the possible impacts that COVID-19 is having on decisions and enforcement cases.
- Learn how to use statutory nuisance procedures more effectively
- Consider the overlap with other legislation, including Anti-social Behaviour (ASB) and look at the relationship between statutory nuisance and common law
- Understand how to serve and enforce abatement notices
- Discuss how and why you can be challenged and how to make valid decisions that can be defended
- Explore the possible impacts of COVID-19 on statutory nuisance cases
CPD: 2 Hours