Learn how to inspect properties and identify building components and defects which present hazards commonly encountered in houses in multiple occupation.
Why should you attend:
- Review the legal framework and working protocol with fire and rescue services
- Learn how to inspect properties and identify relevant building components and their defects which present hazards commonly encountered in HMOs
- Insight into obtaining and recording evidence including instruction on creating an inspection form
- Examine case studies on how to prepare schedules of work appropriate to the risks
- Practical tips on preparing standard letters and notices
- Receive an introduction into enforcement
Who should attend:
- Environmental health practitioners
- Property and housing managers
- Social landlords
"Would welcome more courses by this trainer (Paul Fitzgerald)"
Matthew McGivney, EHO, West Dorset, District Council
CPD: 6 hours