The 14th annual CIEH Housing and Health Conference agenda for 2022 will take place online over two days and is already proving to be one of our busiest conferences yet, with many government initiatives and policy updates to discuss. There will be a discussion of the recent Levelling Up the United Kingdom White Paper which includes a number of proposals to improve regulation of the private rented sector (PRS).
With the UK Government's introduction of the Net Zero Strategy: Build Back Greener policy, there will be a focus on local authorities and other key stakeholders who will need to take a collaborative approach to developing and delivering net-zero strategies to help prepare the private rented sector for decarbonisation targets.
Housing conference topics
The following subjects will be explored in more detail at the conference:
- Levelling Up: the implications for housing
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) and lessons from selective licensing schemes
- Updates on the latest Fire Safety guidance and the Building Safety Bill
- Guidance on funding grants and allocating resources for effective regulation
- An update on the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) review
- Next steps to Net Zero in PRS - panel discussion
- New guidance on tackling rogue landlords
- Updates on Electrical Safety standards and securing successful civil penalties
- A case study on committing to net zero policies
- An update on the Renters Reform Bill
There will be our regular mixture of keynote speaker sessions, informed panel discussions and a selection of good practice case studies demonstrating the latest PRS initiatives and making this a must-attend event for all PRS housing professionals.
Why should you attend?
- listen to high-level keynote speakers discussing the latest policies
- attend a panel discussion on net-zero and the regional challenges and affordability of retrofitting properties
- learn from the latest work and case studies in regulating the private rented sector.
CPD: 7 Hours