Local authorities during the Covid lockdown period carried out significantly less site visits investigating noise nuisance. Re-establishing the service has proved challenging, further compounded by shortages of suitably qualified and experienced environmental health officers.
This technical workshop is an intensive introduction and refresher for officers at all levels carrying out noise nuisance investigations in residential settings. The main focus of the course is a role play exercise in which participants act as complainant, or interviewing officer, or alleged perpetrator. Delegates will learn how to conduct a case from gathering evidence, case analysis, and reviewing the next steps with their manager.
• Develop noise nuisance case investigation skills
• Improve your confidence and competence in gathering evidence, analysing a case, and deciding what action needs to be taken in accordance with statutory powers
• Understanding the use of anti-social behaviour legislation
Who should attend:
• Noise officers
• Anti-social behaviour (ASB) officers
• Environmental health practitioners
CPD: 6 hours