This half-day technical training workshop focuses on the practical and operational safety requirements for the maintenance of swimming pools in leisure facilities.
The workshop will deliver an examination of legal perspectives, focusing on criminal prosecutions and civil litigation, pool operations (HSG179 - Health and Safety in Swimming Pools, 2018 and BS EN 15288-1:2018, BS EN 15288-2:2018 and other guidance) and developing systems of work and risk assessment (Pool Safety Operating Procedure [PSOP], Normal Operating Procedure [NOP], Emergency Action Plan [EAP] and practical risk assessment in swimming pools and key industry contacts).
Why you should attend
- Learn key lessons from recent incidents that have led to criminal prosecutions and civil claims, including some cases that were settled out of court
- Gain insights into the practical and operational good practice principles of running leisure facilities
- Expand your understanding of leisure specific risk assessments and operating documentation in leisure facilities
- Discuss relevant legislation (including HSE guidance HSG179)
Who should attend
- Environmental Health practitioners
- Health and safety managers
CPD: 3 hours and 30 minutes