To provide an overview of fire safety in domestic dwellings
This online course is divided over four half days and will lead delegates through fire safety legislation, relevant government guidance, codes of practice and applicable British Standards. There will be exploration of the development and spread of fire in domestic dwellings, the methods of control and detection while examining the various formats a fire risk assessment may take. By the end of both sessions, delegates will be able to critically review fire risk assessments and ensure they are accurate.
By the end of this workshop delegates will:
- Have an understanding of the Legislation covering fire risk assessments
- Be able to reference the appropriate guidance, codes of practice and British Standards
- Appreciate fire spread in domestic dwellings
- Know what fire protection and detection should be installed
- Recognise and be able to audit Fire Risk Assessments
Who should attend:
All private sector enforcement officers, HMO staff and property managers.
Event aims, objectives and learning outcomes:
- To have an understanding of both the local authority role and that of the fire and rescue service in enforcing fire safety in domestic dwellings
- Determine the methods of controlling and detecting the spread of fire
- Know who is responsible for carrying out a fire risk assessment, what format it may be presented in and be able to critically examine it
CPD: 12 hours