This session will introduce the issues of listeria in food processing from a regulators perspective and will explore the different factors that affect the growth and survival of listeria. Aimed at those with a basic understanding of listeria, the health risks and the regulations in place, this session with delve into the ecology and occurrence of listeria in ‘ready-to-eat’ foods, as well as the processing environments with high contact surfaces and non-food contact environments.
There will also be an emphasis on prevention and control with a detailed discussion on cleaning and disinfection, monitoring supply chains and how to act on positive results of listeria contamination.
- Provide an overview of the hazards posed by listeria in a food processing environment
- Explain where Listeria spp may be found in food processing environments
- Consider some controls for Listeria spp in food processing environment and how they can be verified
- Hear the latest shelf life guidance update on vacuum packed fresh meats
- Use some specific food sectors for illustration
Who should attend?
- Environmental Health Practitioners
- Food Safety Professional
- Trading Standards Officers
- Food Industry Safety Practitioners
CPD: 2 hours 30 minutes