This new conference will bring local authority Environmental Health Officers together with private sector professionals, who are responsible for and passionate about animal welfare.
Our diverse programme will encompass key areas of animal welfare, including the recent update on the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and the enforcement of the upcoming XL Bully dogs ban. The breeding, selling and rehoming of these dogs will be illegal from 31 December 2023 and from 1 February 2024 owners must have a license to own an XL Bully dog.
Key topics also explored at the conference will include dog breeding and puppy farms, as well as case studies from local authorities investigating animal neglect and cruelty.
Conference topics will include:
The following subjects will be explored in more detail at the conference:
- An update on the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991: XL Bully dogs ban
- Practical tips for setting pet license fees
- Case studies from local authorities investigating animal neglect and cruelty
- Horse riding establishments
- Updates on dog breeding and puppy farms