CIEH Announces Winners of Environmental Health Excellence Awards
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) announced the winners of its Excellence Awards at a ceremony held in London on 14 November.
The CIEH Excellence Awards are the most prestigious awards in the environmental health sector, recognising the creativity, passion and hard work of environmental health professionals.
The Awards celebrate true best practice, highlighting the individuals, organisations and projects that are leading the way in public and environmental health protection.
The ceremony showcased the work of individual and teams with winners being selected from six categories. The winners were:
- Best Collaboration - Clean Air Villages Programme
- Best Environmental Health Project - City of Wolverhampton Council Fly-Tipping Reduction Scheme
- Best Innovative Environmental Health Solution - City of Lincoln Council tackling Anti-Social Behaviour
- Outstanding Environmental Health Professional -Stephen Monday - Safeguard Expert, Liberia Water and Sewer Corporation
- Outstanding Environmental Health Team - University Centre Weston (UCW) Environmental Health Widening Participation Team
- Environmental Hero (Food Safety) - Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council Environmental Health Food Safety Team
- Rising Environmental Health Star - Hassan Alzain
Anne Godfrey, Chief Executive at commented:
"Environmental health professionals are often unseen, quietly going about their business to help businesses grow, keep consumers safe and ensure the highest levels of public and environmental protection.
Our Awards are presented to professionals who made a real difference in their workplace, business or local communities. In 2019 the judges were particularly impressed by the quality of entrants and the practical application of environmental health skills and knowledge. Congratulations to all our winners for their wonderful work."
See our full list of 2019 winners, including their entry and judges' comments.