The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) has today announced the winners of its Excellence Awards at a ceremony held in London.
CIEH Excellence Awards are the prestigious awards in environmental health. Recognising the originality, creativity, passion and hard work of those in the environmental health sector.
CIEH Excellence Awards reward true best practice, highlighting the individuals, organisations and projects that are leading the way in environmental health.
The Awards ceremony showcased the work of environmental health professionals in front of an expert judging panel, with winners being selected from six categories. The winners were:
- Best Environmental Health Project - CIEH North East Region and Water For Kids
- Best Innovative Environmental Health Solution - Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Outstanding Environmental Health Professional - Sam Lauder, Powys County Council
- Outstanding Environmental Health Team - Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council Health & Wellbeing Team
- Environmental Hero (Housing) - University Centre Weston and University of the West of England
- Rising Environmental Health Star - Lindsey Holmes
Anne Godfrey, Chief Executive at the CIEH, added:
“Environmental health professionals are often unseen and unheard, despite doing some of the most important jobs which help businesses grow and improve and protect people’s health, safety and wellbeing.
CIEH Awards are presented to those professionals who have really made a positive difference for the benefit of people, communities, and local businesses. In 2018 I’ve been particularly impressed by the number of international entrants for the awards, which in itself is evidence of CIEH’s global reach. Congratulations to all of our winners for their wonderful work.”
Notes to editors
- The CIEH Excellence Awards were held in London on Wednesday 28 November 2018
- Photographs of the event and further comment are available on request
- Please see our website for more information on today’s ceremony and the winners: https://www.cieh.org/cieh-excellence-awards-2018/winners/
- You can also see further coverage of the day when you follow the #CIEHExcellence hashtag on our Social Media accounts, which you can find in the footer of our website homepage here.
For enquiries, please contact Debbie Wood, Executive Director Membership and External Affairs on 020 7827 6350 or [email protected]
About the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH):
CIEH is the professional voice for environmental health representing 8,000 members working in the public, private and non-profit sectors. It ensures the highest standards of professional competence in its members, in the belief that through environmental health action people's health can be improved.
Environmental health has an important and unique contribution to make to improving public health and reducing health inequalities. CIEH campaigns to ensure that government policy addresses the needs of communities and business in achieving and maintaining improvements to health and health protection.