Some urgent advice for candidates still aiming to gain the EHRB Certificate of Registration.
The Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB) will close in June 2020. We first announced this back in March 2018 to allow sufficient time to complete all the necessary elements.
Since then we have been strongly recommending that candidates submit their completed Portfolios of Professional Practice (PPPs) by the end of 2019 to allow enough time for marking, resubmission and also sitting the professional interview prior to EHRB closing.
This blog post is for those people who, for whatever reason, were not able to do this by then.
If this is you, please be aware that:
- All candidates must complete their initial registration with EHRB at least 21 days prior to applying for their first assessment
- It can take up to 12 weeks to mark a PPP and demand is currently very high
- Candidates on curriculum 2011 need to have passed the PPP before applying for the professional interview
- Candidates on an earlier curriculum can apply to sit the interview at any point. We recommend that they do this as soon as possible
- They will also need to sit the Written Examination
- The application deadlines and session dates for the final professional interviews and written examinations are available on our website
- CIEH will consider all serious and appropriately evidenced extenuating circumstances on a case by case basis after EHRB has closed in June
- If anyone feels they will not be able to complete all the elements, we strongly recommend that they consider the Chartered Practitioner Programme instead
Candidates are reminded that there is a large quantity of essential guidance documents relating to the PPP, Interview and Written Exam in the Student Resources section of MyCIEH.
We are running final professional interview workshops in London on 11 February and Salford on 21 April. These workshops will provide candidates with an insight into the professional Interview and help them prepare for it. We expect these to be oversubscribed so book your place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We recommend that all candidates register with EHRB immediately if they have not done so already and submit their PPPs as soon as possible. Please note that we will not be issuing a final cut-off date for the submission of the PPP. Whilst we cannot prevent people from submitting the PPP between now and June 2020, this will be done at the candidate's own risk.